Just downloaded F@H, where can I get the protein viewer?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

StealthReborn

Just downloaded F@H, where can I get the protein viewer?

Post by StealthReborn »

So I installed the software and when I run the program, it opens up a tab on my browser showing what I can contribute too, how much power my computer can contribute, etc. I don't see anywhere where I can use a protein viewer though. I'd simply like to keep it on my second monitor while it works it's magic.

Thanks for the help.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Just downloaded F@H, where can I get the protein viewer?

Post by Joe_H »

For Windows and macOS installs, FAHViewer is part of the package and is installed by default. There is a button in the Advanced Control aka FAHControl to activate FAHVIewer. Or it can be run from the program folder where the F@h client files are installed.

For Linux there are three separate packages to download - FAHClient, FAHControl and FAHViewer. Each installs separately.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bruce

Post by bruce »

It depends on your OS.

For WIndows and MacOS, everything is installed in one package, including FAHViewer.
For Linux and ARM, they're separate downloads.

https://foldingathome.org/alternative-downloads/
StealthReborn

Post by StealthReborn »

Joe_H wrote:For Windows and macOS installs, FAHViewer is part of the package and is installed by default. There is a button in the Advanced Control aka FAHControl to activate FAHVIewer. Or it can be run from the program folder where the F@h client files are installed.

For Linux there are three separate packages to download - FAHClient, FAHControl and FAHViewer. Each installs separately.
Ah ok I wasn't aware that they were in the installed folder. Thank you.