How to run multiple instances of Folding@Home?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

PerfectFry

How to run multiple instances of Folding@Home?

Post by PerfectFry »

I want to run multiple instances of the FAHClient.exe since I have multiple GPU's and want to fully configure each individually by assigning them to a separate instance. I will direct them both to the same wallet. Thank you in advance!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: How to run multiple instances of Folding@Home?

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

You do not want to run multiple instances of the executable, it already has built in the capability to run multiple GPUs. As for configuring for a wallet, follow the directions given by whichever team is supporting that cryptocurrency. F@h is not officially connected with, and does not provide support for that.

What F@h does have is giving points for completed WUs. For the most points you need to complete WUs quickly, have a passkey entered into the client, and maintain at least an 80% return rate. If you provide information about your setup, and if you already have installed the client the first 100-200 lines of the log, we can help you configure your system. Directions on locating and posting your log can be found in the Welcome topic - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26036.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
JimboPalmer

Re: How to run multiple instances of Folding@Home?

Post by JimboPalmer »

In the Advanced Control, in the Configure Button, in the Slots tab, are the controls for cpus and gpus. In general, you will have one cpu slot and a gpu slot per graphics card.
There are rare occasions where you might want more than one cpu slot, but lets ignore that.

Historically, the installer does a better job of finding new cards than the client does, so if everything is mixed up, uninstall including data and reinstall.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends