What's the benefit of joining a team?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

vitsensei

What's the benefit of joining a team?

Post by vitsensei »

Hi all,
I just start folding yesterday. Exclude crypto related team, what is the main benefit/function of joining a team?
Is it just for boasting right?
Whompithian

Re: What's the benefit of joining a team?

Post by Whompithian »

Welcome to F@H, vitsensei.

The main benefit is camaraderie. I joined the team that introduced me to Folding@home and have stayed with them through all of my work units. Others join teams that support good causes, or that represent something in which they believe. Teams are a way to get keep donors involved with F@H and drive participation. Some even provide contests or rewards to engage their members. There is no pressure to join a team right away. You can fold on your own until you find a team you like. Even after joining, it is easy to change teams if you find one that suits you better. You should approach teams in whatever manner is going to provide you with the best experience as a member of the F@H community.
aetch

Post by aetch »

There's also the option of starting your own team.
Folding Rigs - None (25-Jun-2022)

ImageImage
bruce

Post by bruce »

aetch wrote:There's also the option of starting your own team.
Yes. Some people create one to keep track of the points from all their active systems, though then there's no camaraderie benefit.

All my systems are part of my team membership and I can also see how their performance compares to others on my choice of teams.