The fahcontrol log and status shows different data.

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

nintendo

The fahcontrol log and status shows different data.

Post by nintendo »

Hello.
I have an issue for which status shows different data and log shows another.Image
Any solution is appreciated.Thanks.
bruce

Re: The fahcontrol log and status shows different data.

Post by bruce »

FahControl manages more than one device (e.g.- a CPU process and a GPU process) and merges the results. You have to mentally distinguish between those data streams or use the filter capabilities of the log's viewer in FAHControl. Lines a prefixed with :WUmm: and :FSnn: to help the mental processing. There never should be more than one log, pointed to by "CWD"
nintendo

Post by nintendo »

But I have only CPU without a GPU.I am talking to what I think is an error I have encountered sometime.sometime it tells remaining time 1 day and suddenly changes to 8 minutes and after sometimes comes back to original state(1 day). The next time it happens I will share the log files.
aetch

Post by aetch »

The FAH client creates a new log every time it is started. It defaults to keeping the previous 16. You should already have a log of what you're talking about.

Follow this link for instructions on locating your log files.
I would try "Method 1" first, just get the data from Advanced Control.
Method 3 would be my next try, the link in the start menu should take you to your current FAH data directory.

Method 2 needs updating, the default data directory changed with release 7.6.21 to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\FAHClient

Other notes
By "time remaining" are you referring to the ETA, tpf, timeout, expiry or something else?
When is it happening? At the start of a new work unit, shortly after booting your pc, some other time.
Folding Rigs - None (25-Jun-2022)

ImageImage