Points not calculating properly

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

nadya109

Points not calculating properly

Post by nadya109 »

I just started folding recently. As of now, i have completed 9 WU, but my points are not getting credited as per the estimated point shown on UI. Can you please help me if there is something wrong? I use username_projectcode_passkey correctly as instructed and provided. thanks/
PaulTV

Re: Points not calculating properly

Post by PaulTV »

Welcome to the folding club!

The estimated points are taking the quick return bonus (QRB) into account. However, you are only eligible for that after return 10 WUs successfully, and using a passkey. That's to discourage people getting new ID's all the time. So you're doing fine, keep on folding :D

Ryzen 5800X / RTX 4090 / Windows 11
Ryzen 5600X / RTX 3070 Ti / Ubuntu 20.04
Ryzen 5600 / RTX 3060 Ti / Windows 11
aetch

Post by aetch »

Yes, the quick return bonus doesn't kick in until 10 work units have been successfully completed and returned.
There's also the occasional hiccup with work/collection servers returning their results to the stats servers so give it a few more units to filter through and update with the bonus included.

It's also worth noting that the client calculates an estimate based on what it's doing and while it may be close to what the stats server reports it may not match it exactly.
Typically, I find the estimate for the returned work unit is within about 20 points of the points awarded by the work/collection servers.
The slot/client PPD is not so accurate as it can swing wildly with each project.
Folding Rigs - None (25-Jun-2022)

ImageImage
nadya109

Post by nadya109 »

Thank you so much team! You guys are so wonderful to send quick help..... I was sad thinking i messed up while setting up system :D My head is much clear now :)

Happy folding!
BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Post by BobWilliams757 »

And when you finish that next work unit, you will probably be surprised at the points you can get for work units that process quickly. :e?:
Fold them if you get them!
nadya109

Post by nadya109 »

Now i can see numbers flowing in pretty fast! Sweeeeetttt!!! <3