Slot Options For V7 (Pictorial Guide)

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: Slot Options For V7 (Pictorial Guide)

Postby 7im » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Stonecold wrote:Maybe it could be set so that check boxes are only used in "Expert" mode, or do to many people just use Expert mode anyway?

You're new to the V7 client... What mode do you run in?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby Stonecold » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:09 pm

7im wrote:
Stonecold wrote:Maybe it could be set so that check boxes are only used in "Expert" mode, or do to many people just use Expert mode anyway?

You're new to the V7 client... What mode do you run in?

Touché. I didn't even think about that! :D

I've never had any problems with messing with the flags though. I've experimented with them to see what they all do, but I back up the .FAHClient directory beforehand just in case I do something to screw it up too bad.
Stonecold

Postby 7im » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

kscott wrote:Why is it so difficult for you guys to just add these optional check boxes instead of us having to type them in?
Wouldn't that just make this program so much easier to use?

They'll never add 30+ check boxes for all the options. It would be more confusing than easy, especially when no one answered my last question.

And if people actually read warning labels, no one would ever start smoking cigarettes. So check boxes with warnings isn't really going to work. ;)

Novices don't need check boxes to make fah work, and Experts don't need check boxes to make fah work like they want.

And as noted earlier, they're still working on must have features and fixes. Nice to have features come later. 8-)

P.S. Also not the first time this has been suggested.
7im

Postby bruce » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 pm

FAHControl is open source. Any 3rd party that wants to provide a checkbox menu is welcome to write one.

Ask in the Developer's Den for more information.
bruce

Postby bollix47 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:30 pm

bruce wrote:FAHControl is open source. Any 3rd party that wants to provide a checkbox menu is welcome to write one.

Really? Where can one download the source and any instructions for compiling?
bollix47

Postby Stonecold » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:35 pm

bruce wrote:FAHControl is open source. Any 3rd party that wants to provide a checkbox menu is welcome to write one.

Where can I download it? I couldn't find any information at http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-OpenSource (although I did notice that one of the links to the forum on that page went to the old forum.folding-community.org URL. That should probably be fixed).
Stonecold

Postby 7im » Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 am

bollix47 wrote:

Really? Where can one download the source and any instructions for compiling?

The location is not widely published, so bruce will have to point out a more specific link... I don't have that kind of access any more. And bruce is leading us off topic... ;)
7im

Previous

Return to V7.1.52 Windows/Linux