Reinstall as service on Win7

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Reinstall as service on Win7

Postby nealbscott » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm

So I installed v7 client with all its default options. The GPU slot keeps failing, so I said to myself, 'I'll just reinstall as a service so it will only do SMP. And besides, I can log off the box and it will still be folding' So I did a reinstall *and* kept existing configuration (after all I dont want to reenter the passkey right?) Lo and behold the GPU slots are still there. I know I can delete them myself. And I know it was my choice to keep the existing configuration. I consider it a bug in the install to not remove those non functional GPU slots on Windows 7. There should have been a warning at the very least.
nealbscott

Re: Reinstall as service on Win7

Postby Jesse_V » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Wait, why was the GPU slot failing?
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator

Re: Reinstall as service on Win7

Postby 7im » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Current config includes currently configured slots as well. And the install did give you that option to keep the config. Wasn't displayed as a warning, but still...

And Jesse is correct. GPUs not working is not a good reason bypass them when folding. Describe the GPU hardware, and post the *** System *** section of the log. We might be able to get them running for the cause.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Return to V7.1.52 Windows/Linux