p7808 corrupted "About Project" data?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

p7808 corrupted "About Project" data?

Postby jesseH » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi,

I'm currently folding Project 7808, and it seems that the "about project" data that was downloaded was corrupted, as it's displaying the HTML for a login page for a public Wi-Fi network that I was connected to, but hadn't fully signed into when Folding@Home began trying to download the data—thus, it downloaded the login page's HTML, thinking that the login page data was the project data.

Is there any way to update or refresh the project data? I know it's weird, but I'm interested by the descriptions of the workunits, and would like to be able to read about what my F@H client is working on.

Mod edit - Added project number to title
jesseH

Re: corrupted "About Project" data?

Postby Jesse_V » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:39 pm

That's odd! I've been presented with those login screens before, and their system sends you the login screen instead of whatever page you were trying to load. I'd guess that this is what happened for F@h: 1) the client tried to connect to the Stanford servers to get the description, 2) the wi-fi system didn't recognize your computer, 3) the login screen was returned instead of the description, 4) the HTML is displayed on the screen as the description.

I wonder if there was an associated HTML error code that the client could detect to avoid this issue.
On my computer the descriptions appear to located in C:\Users\Jesse\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\work\client.db, but they are in a non-intuitive format so I would not recommend messing with the file. Try http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fah ... ned?p=7808 instead.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator

Return to V7.1.52 Windows/Linux