getting wrong wu for slot type?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

getting wrong wu for slot type?

Postby DemonfangArun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 pm

i seem to be having an odd issue with my gpu slot. i have it set to get normal work units, yet it's getting p8018, which last i saw, was moved to advanced, but not to regular f@h.

relevant part of config:
<snip>
13:01:42: <!-- Folding Slots -->
13:01:42: <slot id='0' type='SMP'>
13:01:42: <cpus v='6'/>
13:01:42: </slot>
13:01:42: <slot id='1' type='GPU'/>
13:01:42:</config>

not sure what is going on, so i'm assuming something somewhere is not getting that i don't want advanced. either that, or they're not actually advanced anymore.

side question: aside from going through posts in beta to see where something ended up, is there a way i can easily punch in a project somewhere, and have it tell me whether it's f@h, advanced, or beta?
This user has stopped using F@H because it supports fake crap!
DemonfangArun

Re: getting wrong wu for slot type?

Postby P5-133XL » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Psummary lists all the projects for general release. Currently 8018's are listed there, so I would assume the've been released to the general public now.

There is also a list for beta WU's but that can only be communicated to the beta team and specifically not in the general forums. That being said, the Beta forums are read only so you can do a search for yourself. There is no list for advanced WU's.
P5-133XL

Postby DemonfangArun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:39 pm

oh, ok then :)

still wonder why advanced flag even exists then

thanks for clearing that up. i do know the beta project list url, it's really hard to find /sarcasm xD
DemonfangArun

Postby 7im » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:45 pm

It exists for several reasons, and has been used a few different ways in the past. Bottomline is the flag allows a finer level of contol for WU assignments. Read the faqs for more details.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby DemonfangArun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:22 pm

7im wrote:It exists for several reasons, and has been used a few different ways in the past. Bottomline is the flag allows a finer level of contol for WU assignments. Read the faqs for more details.

*reads over v7 slot options* ok, now i get it, advanced=late stage beta, that makes sense to me. sort of an in-between normal and bleeding edge beta. now that i think about it, i have used it within the past year, but only for smp slots.

note to self: read more, rather than glancing at options and assuming i fully understand what they are and aren't.
DemonfangArun

Return to V7.1.52 Windows/Linux