This release adds a lot of improvements, particularly to the viewer. Some of the highlights are the ability to read Gromacs files so that you can view the proteins of many more projects, auto-updating of GPUs.txt (the GPU whitelist) in the client and several fixes to the Debian installs.
Installation and user guides can be found here:
FAHControl -> The Graphical User Interface (GUI) what controls the Slots.
FAHViewer -> It shows the protein being folded, if applicable.
Pictorial Installation Guide (Windows) -> A detailed pictorial guide on the V7 installation.
Installation Guide (Windows) -> A brief guide on Windows installation.
Installation Guide (Linux) -> A guide for Linux installation.
Installation Guide (OSX) -> A guide for OSX installation that is in progress.
Client Remote Interface -> Documentation for 3rd party developers.
Main Page -> Main page of the V7.
Aside from the documentation the best place to get help is in this forum. If you do have a problem post a message. There are many knowledgeable people ready and willing to help. Keep in mind, we greatly appreciate thorough reports delivered by patient people who can keep a cool head even when things go wrong.
Open Tickets Ordered by Milestone and Priority
Active Tickets by Change Time
Note: Some tickets may be closed because they are fixed in an upcoming alpha release but are not yet fixed in the beta release.
- Added 'unpause-while-connected <slot>' remote command. (For screensaver)
- Start FAHControl optionally after installer finish. #471
- Use new dependency based init.d scripts if available in Linux.
- Disable init.d rather than use /etc/defaults/fahclient to stop autostart.
- Fixed a crash when loading bad protein data.
- Link libssl libcrypto and libexpat statically in .deb. #893
- Warn on init.d start when /etc/default/fahclient has ENABLE=false.
- Remove /etc/default/fahclient on --purge.
- Added 'force-start' option to init.d script.
- Added Installed-Size control field to .deb. #853
- Try to stop and uninstall service before install. #922
- Download GPUs.txt if there GPU slots or no slots and gpu=true. #920
- Stop trying to load .tpr and .xtc files which have failed twice. #917
- Don't load .tpr until core has a chance to write.
- Don't try to load .tpr/.xtc for core 0x11. #919 #916
- Don't load .tpr/.xtc while core is loading. #919
- Replace invalid characters in user name by '_'. #903
- Fixed repeated 'gpu-index' error on GPU slot delete. #874
- Fixed misuse of PCI subvendor IDs. #881
- Changed error:OK to error:NO_ERROR in log to avoid confusion. #892
- "Viewer" menu items to "View" for consistency. #899
- Fixed text. #891
- If there is no systray, window close will exit FAHControl. #900
- Display 'Unknown' for 0 estimated PPD. #901
- Automatically update GPUs.txt.
- Log warning if core returns an error code. #887
- Remap FERMI GPU type to NVIDIA with FERMI species in GPUs.txt.
- Request IPv4 addresses until we support IPv6.
- Pass remote passwords to viewer.
- Updated view modes.
- Fix " escaping for options sent to client.
- Only allow alpha numeric and punctuation in user name.
- Updates for OSX 10.7 (calxalot)
- Fixed simulation info update when slot is loading.
- Fixed blank protein when viewer started while client still loading.
- Use password to authenticate with remote clients.
- Link libssl libcrypto and libexpat statically in .deb.
- Fixed disappearing protein on window click in Windows.
- Fixed crash with OpenGL < 1.4 in button highlighting code.
- Attempt to fix disappearing protein on window refocus.
- Load chemical bonds from .tpr rather than recomputing them.
- Eliminated rotation jump after unpause.
- Further improved compensation for periodic boundaries.
- Added missing resource files.
- Fixed textures at start with advanced modes.
- Fixed bonds, broken in v7.2.3.
- Automatically adjust text popup height based on windows size.
- Only warn when an invalid 'profile' option is specified.
- Fixed atom type handling for atoms with lower-cased names.
- Display all atom groups which are not just hydrogens and oxygens.
- Try to realign protein between snapshots by rotating.
- Fixed .tpr/.xtc loading from the command line, broken in v7.2.2.
- Fixed zooming in and out when protein size changes in trajectory.
- Fixed crashing in pre OpenGL 1.5 due lack of VBO support.
- Don't show water chains.
- Check for and correct negative atom radius.
- Fixed demo timeout logic and display.
- Allow switching slots with [ and ].
- Wiggle even if only displaying one frame.
- Make mode 4 (advanced) default with OpenGL > 2.2.
- ESC does not quit app only popups.
- Use basic mode by default. #817, #864
- Added Installed-Size control field to .deb. #853
- Major performance improvements for "basic" modes.
- Fixed split proteins caused by periodic boundaries.
- Download whole trajectories from client not just snapshots.
- Partially fixed shadows in advanced modes.
- Allow disabling blur in advanced modes for better performance.
- Fixed texture alpha blending.
- Combined basic and advanced modes.
- Option 'override-blacklist'->'force', forces enabling advanced modes.
- Try again on statically linking with libGLEW. #900
- Fixed popups in basic view.
- Fixed basic view transparent atoms problem.
- Support reading .tpr files.
There has been a lot of internal testing on this release. Thus the large number of version changes since the last beta. There are still some minor problems that we know of but the I figured it was high time we got something out to the public. Hopefully we've eliminated any major problems. I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.
We have a lot of great features in the pipeline. The main things on the table are:
- Even simpler installers.
- Platform independent user, team, passkey configuration, via. a client first run flag and FAHControl.
- A Windows screensaver which displays the protein and enables/disables FAHClient's folding slots.
- OSX fixes to bring the OSX release up to speed with Windows and Linux. We've now got a real OSX guy (Kevin Bernhagen, AKA calxalot) working on this.
- Better client to core interface. This will help with visualization and CPU throttling.
Cauldron Development LLC