help me install v7 client control

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: help me install v7 client control

Postby seljo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:40 pm

bruce wrote:Tickets #420 and #889 apparently address your issues. I recommend you install "for me only" until they're resolved.

These appear to only affect "user" (non-privileged) accounts, since they are the only ones who would need to change credentials to install. I am running with admin rights, and the same account that did the install. While good info to have, I don't think this was my issue. Running the FAHControl app "run as" the same account that installed it would probably work around this issue, if that is an option for ppl.
seljo

Postby bruce » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm not suggesting that it's just a question of permissions. The "for me only" and "for everyone" options default to different locations for the Fah Data.
bruce

Postby seljo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:11 pm

bruce wrote:I'm not suggesting that it's just a question of permissions. The "for me only" and "for everyone" options default to different locations for the Fah Data.

Neither am I. The ticket suggests that the issue is the runas command, possibly in combination with the "for me only" vs. "for everyone." If user187 does a runas to admin and installs "for me only," they are installing for admin only, not user187.

In any case, this was not my issue. I am fairly confident the main issue was the window size hiding the run mode drop-down so that I couldn't configure the clients via expert mode when installing via express option. Installing via custom, and selecting the recommended install options after that worked fine, and I suspect installing via express would work as well, once I realized I need to re-size the window to find that drop-down at run-time.
seljo

Previous

Return to V7.1.52 Windows/Linux