do I get credit for folding on windows 98 SE?

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

do I get credit for folding on windows 98 SE?

Postby 700_up » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:59 am

I just started playing around with an old laptop and installed an older client that works with windows 98 SE and I was able to start it folding and able to insert my username and team name but I wasn't able to put in my password. On my other clients on my main machine running vista 32 bit, I entered a password and it didn't ask for a password on this older client. I'm wondering if I will still get credit for it. I clicked on user stats from the windows 98 client and it says that it is forbidden.
700_up

Re: do I get credit for folding on windows 98 SE?

Postby 7im » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:13 am

By password, I think you meant passkey. The older client doesn't support that new feature. As the passkey FAQ indicates, a passkey is not yet required to earn credits for folding work units.

The stats link put in that older client has probably changed since it was released 4 years ago. Use the stats page links from the project home page. Several 3rd Party stats pages are also linked at the top of this forum.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby 700_up » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:21 am

I am talking about a passkey and I know it's not required but I have one on other clients on vista so won't it not work since I'm already using a passkey but I didn't enter one on the 98 client?
700_up

Postby toTOW » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:15 am

Passkey is not mandatory yet ... so your points will transparently be added to your score, there's no need to worry.
Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.

FAH-Addict : latest news, tests and reviews about Folding@Home project.

toTOW
Site Moderator

Postby 700_up » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Thank you. The old windows 98 computer I was going to fold on is way to slow anyways to make it worth while, I'll just stick to my other machines.
700_up

Return to Older Windows (98,ME only) client v4.x