Folding in a school lab

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Folding in a school lab

Postby lazypoet » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:04 pm

At my high school, my computer programming teacher is willing to fold using all the computers in his lab, most of which run Windows 98. The issue is, we have a central server that allows logins to the student's profile on each computer (domain login on the LAN). Would it be possible to fold on the machines and make it run, even if students log on and off? Or would we have to dedicate the machines, and not allow logons/logoffs?
lazypoet

Re: Folding in a school lab

Postby Ivoshiee » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:32 pm

lazypoet wrote:At my high school, my computer programming teacher is willing to fold using all the computers in his lab, most of which run Windows 98. The issue is, we have a central server that allows logins to the student's profile on each computer (domain login on the LAN). Would it be possible to fold on the machines and make it run, even if students log on and off? Or would we have to dedicate the machines, and not allow logons/logoffs?

You need to have the FAH client running as a service and logon/logoff should not have any negative effects.
Totally different matter is how you gain that under Windows 98. Some 3rd party tools may help you. You just have to test it out before any larger deployment.
Ivoshiee
Site Moderator

Return to Older Windows (98,ME only) client v4.x