I need to uninstall FahCore_a4 [OS X]

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

I need to uninstall FahCore_a4 [OS X]

Postby JungleOnion » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:03 pm

I have a OS X 10,10,3 and I have these processes running under the user "nobody":
FAHCoreWrapper
mdlgafwriter
FAHClient
FAHClient (again)
FahCore_a4

I can't figure out how to get rid of them and it's really pissing me off having to find out it's been going on for who knows how long.
JungleOnion

Re: I need to uninstall FahCore_a4 and I don't know how to

Postby Joe_H » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:42 pm

The mdlgafwriter process is not part of folding, a quick search indicates that it is part of Spotlight indexing.

The rest are running on your system because you installed folding as mentioned in an earlier post you made last year. All but FAHClient process will not be running if you stop folding using either the Web Control or FAHControl. When folding is stopped the FAHClient process uses almost no CPU time.

If you stopped folding by just dragging the Folding@home folder from the Application folder to the Trash, that does not uninstall folding. What you needed to do was run the Uninstaller that was included in that folder. To properly remove folding from your system, download the folding app from the site and install at least the Uninstall package. Then run that.

P.S. User 'nobody' is the proper one for the folding processes to be running under, it is given no permissions beyond the very minimum user level ones.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Return to CPU Projects - released FAHCores _a4 & _a7