Max time without lost bonus. Is there some time?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ilkyest

Max time without lost bonus. Is there some time?

Post by ilkyest »

Hello pals. Uncle Google haven't say me nothing about :mrgreen:

1) I'm not new on folding. I've 219 WUs (about 93% of them are A3), and about 439k point. But a thing is making me a little sad.
I've uploaded 3 WUs A3, but I've not received the correct bonus. Just the base points, not bonus ones. I've delivered WUs about one and a half day after start(about 1day and 14 hours the last one, 6098 project) and, cause it, I should ask you:
:arrow: Is there some requirement to start receiving bonus? what means..... If I stay out by four days, and start folding at the fifth day, I'll receive the same bonus?
:arrow: If not: should deliver some amount of WUs, after some days, before receiving bonus? And what kind of wus? normal ones, big ones?
:arrow: If yes, how much time to stanford/pande delivers me the wu points?

more data
Folding with A3 WU, client V6 (linux).
kernel 3.4.6-1-ck (with bfq scheduler) on arch linux 64-bit
Filesystem BTRFS
recording LP on Audacity (about 2Gb) I've 26:44 of TPF at 6097 project (running now)
About 12 minutes on a idle system

Motherboard/processor/memory: M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3/Phenom X4 @3,7Ghz/8Gb gskill sniper T9 @ 1600
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: Max time without lost bonus. Is there some time?

Post by Jesse_V »

You should get the bonus immediately, unless there's a more serious issue at Stanford and things need to be manually fixed there. I doubt this.

I suspect that you've missed some deadlines or errored out a bunch of WUs and no longer qualify for bonus points. To get the bonus, you need to use a passkey, complete 10 SMP WUs with that passkey, and maintain an 80% or better sucessful WU return rate. Perhaps you're having problems with this last requirement.

Thanks for all your contributions! That is quite an impressive amount of points you've got there! :)
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
ilkyest

Post by ilkyest »

Okay... passkey in use all time.

This last requirement. If I downloaded 10 WUs I should end, at least, 8?

Second requirement....10SMP.... It's only when I'm a new user, right? I have passed this requirement, I am not a new user.
PinHead
Hardware configuration: Quad Q9550 2.83 contains the GPU 57xx - running SMP and GPU
Quad Q6700 2.66 running just SMP
2P 32core Interlagos SMP on linux

Post by PinHead »

ilkyest wrote: If I stay out by four days, and start folding at the fifth day, I'll receive the same bonus?
If you used the -oneunit flag and then shutdown for 4 or 5 days, then probably no bonus change.

If you just shut down after downloading a new WU, wait 5 days and then start folding again; then you probably lost your bonus.
If you did this too many times, then you might be outside your 80% successful return rate.

Just speculating, you need to tell us which part is true.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

To help, please post the PRCG numbers for the work units not getting a bonus.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
bruce

Post by bruce »

ilkyest wrote:This last requirement. If I downloaded 10 WUs I should end, at least, 8?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you plan to download 10 WUs at once?

Any WUs which you download need to be returned as quickly as you can. That's why we call it the QRB -- Quick Return Bonus.

Stating in negatively, any WU which you download which is not returned counts against you. Any WU which is returned after the Timeout counts against you. You will not receive a bonus on any WU if more that 20% of the total of all SMP WUs that have been assigned to you were not returned before the Timeout for that WU.

It sounds a lot nicer the way Jesse_V stated it, but it amounts to the same thing;
Jesse_V wrote:To get the bonus ... maintain an 80% or better sucessful WU return rate.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

ilkyest wrote:This last requirement. If I downloaded 10 WUs I should end, at least, 8?
I too am a bit puzzled by this. It's rarely a good idea to download 10 WUs at once. Best to let the client download, process, and upload them sequentially. You should endeavor to complete all WUs. Perhaps I've misinterpreted, but I just wanted to point out what you should be doing.
Last edited by Jesse_V on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

The deadlines for each work unit are listed on the Project Summary page, linked at the top of this forum page. Bonus points are not given if the work unit is returned after the Timeout (preferred deadline) has passed. No points are given after the Deadline (final deadline).

Once you are qualified for bonus points, the only way to become unqualified is if you change your fah user name, or if your clients failed to return more than 20% of the work units sent to your clients. You do not become unqualified for the bonus if you stop folding for a week while on holiday, as long as those work units did not expire.

Again, please post the Project, Run, Clone, Gen numbers for 1 or more of those work units that didn't get a bonus.
ilkyest

Post by ilkyest »

7im wrote:The deadlines for each work unit are listed on the Project Summary page, linked at the top of this forum page. Bonus points are not given if the work unit is returned after the Timeout (preferred deadline) has passed. No points are given after the Deadline (final deadline).

Once you are qualified for bonus points, the only way to become unqualified is if you change your fah user name, or if your clients failed to return more than 20% of the work units sent to your clients. You do not become unqualified for the bonus if you stop folding for a week while on holiday, as long as those work units did not expire.

Again, please post the Project, Run, Clone, Gen numbers for 1 or more of those work units that didn't get a bonus.
Okay. Now I've undertstood, and yes, the 20% of units were the problem. I've downloaded 4, cause kernel errors.

Code: Select all

please post the Project, Run, Clone, Gen numbers for 1
Excuse-me. I receive a general error on linux, and the fahlog.txt and unitinfo are lost. Now it's ok. but, no bonus... I think that now it'll be ok.

The last one, I haven't receive bonus is Project: 6099 (Run 0, Clone 87, Gen 168). If this helps, it this only I have. I delivered yesterday

The another 2 I delivered without bonus, no data about :evil:
===================
What means, at this time, is that I should deliver new 10WUs to start receiving bonus. Is this?
Zagen30
Hardware configuration: Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz (not folding), 8 GB DDR3 @2133 MHz, 2xGTX 780 @1215 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit running 7.3.6 w/ 1xSMP, 2xGPU

4P E5-4650 @3.1 GHz, 64 GB DDR3 @1333MHz, Ubuntu Desktop 13.10 64-bit

Post by Zagen30 »

ilkyest wrote:What means, at this time, is that I should deliver new 10WUs to start receiving bonus. Is this?
Not necessarily in your case. The 10 WU figure is the minimum number to become bonus-eligible. If you've returned more than 10 WUs with that passkey, then the key figure is 80% or better completion percentage. If you've received 200 mp WUs under your passkey but only returned 100 of them successfully, for a 50% success rate, you'd need to complete a lot more than 10 to get back to earning bonuses. Occasionally I've seen people be told that they'd probably be better off just getting a new passkey if their current one is well under the 80% mark, as it'd be a lot faster for them to start earning bonuses again if they started fresh. I think the mods have the ability to check a passkey's associated completion percentage, but I'm not sure about that.
ilkyest

Post by ilkyest »

well, let's see. It's not a very worst thing, and stanford is a little ace..... I was reading some logs of linux, while I were trying compiling a kernel. The last WU I delivered gave me about 10k ppd. I don't remember if it's GPU twice and SMP on V7, or just GPU (I mind just GPU).

What I will take by standard. I shouldn't lose more than 20% of downloaded WUs. Since the problems, I lose 6 of downloaded, so I should end about 4 more WUs what summs me 10, and 20%, 2 WU completed at all, and I'll receive bonus on SMP ones

May I think like this?
bruce

Post by bruce »

Zagen30 wrote:I think the mods have the ability to check a passkey's associated completion percentage, but I'm not sure about that.
We do, but we don't have any way to determine what your passkey is and for some percentage of the folks choose a different name for FAH than for foldingforum so we may not be able to guess what UserName you're using. Your privacy rights are respected by FAH.
7im

Post by 7im »

The 80% completion rate is calculated on ALL of the SMP work units your clients have completed with your passkey. (220+ work units)

At least 176 out of 220 work units must be returned before the deadline for your client to be eligible for a bonus. If that number is below 176, no bonus. Then you must fold and complete more work units before the deadlines until that number goes above 80% to get a bonus again.
bruce

Post by bruce »

I'm not new on folding. I've 219 WUs (about 93% of them are A3), and about 439k point.
7im wrote:The 80% completion rate is calculated on ALL of the SMP work units your clients have completed with your passkey. (220+ work units)
That is assuming that the 220+ were all SMP WUs and that all were downloaded with a passkey. If 93% were A3. what were the other 7%? Did you start using your passkey before processing the first SMP WU?

While I don't really need to know those numbers, they might cause some adjustments to the calculations that Zagen30 and 7im made, but fundamentally, they're correct.

Also, if there's a change in the passkey or the UserName between the download and the upload, that WU can not get a bonus, only baseline points, and it counts as a deadline failure. Once you download a WU, you are responsible for returning it promptly.
ilkyest

Post by ilkyest »

wow.
As I read, worst is my understanding, but no matter about.

I've delivered 222 WUs, 20% is 44,4%, what means, at least 178 WU succesfully delivered. Well, I'am trusth that I delivered more than this, but, I'm also trusth that on the last week, there were less than 20% of succesfull ones.

So.... it's secure think that, if I deliver more than 21% of downloaded WUs I'll receive bonus?