Help with SMP setup please.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

HK-Steve

Help with SMP setup please.

Post by HK-Steve »

Hello Everyone,
I have been folding on 6x GPU's, in 3 separate computers, but now I got my hands on a HP DL140 G3 blade server.

I has 2 Xeon quad core 2.33Ghz CPU's with 16Gb ram, running Windows 8.1 and the v7 client.
cpu:8 started working on a 0xa4 work unit. finishes them in about 2 hrs with about 1800PPD.
I set client-type to advanced.

I read through the forum and saw a reference to setting -smp, but gave no specifics.

Any help would be appreciated to be sure I have everything setup correctly, as my GPU's produce over 400k PPD

Cheers
Steve
ChristianVirtual

Re: Help with SMP setup please.

Post by ChristianVirtual »

SMP is now CPU, the naming got aligned some few versions ago ... I had a similar questions once ;-)
From that point of view you are ok ... Passkey installed ? What project did you got ? What power setting ? Any other activities on the system ?

Can you share the log file ?
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
HK-Steve

Post by HK-Steve »

Thanks Christian,
Sorry, should have mentioned passkey was installed.
6387 is the project, Full setting and nothing else running, only Windows 8 and F@H. no antivirus nothing.

I am waiting for this WU to finish, then will restart and add a log file, with a new WU

Cheers
Steve
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

The default settings are the recommended settings in the V7 client, with one exception to prove the rule. Set next unit % to 100. See the install guide.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.