BAD_WORK_UNIT on fresh Ubuntu 18.04 & RX570

If you think it might be a driver problem, see viewforum.php?f=79

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: BAD_WORK_UNIT on fresh Ubuntu 18.04 & RX570

Postby bruce » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:19 pm

I have not see any such reports until now.

FAH is designed to process under the username fahclient and to create files in a specific place so ownership of those files is consistent with that use -- and root privileges have NOT been required. In the past, OpenCL has been installed with the NVidia or ATI drivers and special permission has NOT been required to access an OpenCL device. Apparently something you've done has changed those assumptions but I don;t understand what that might be.

The first time you ran FAH, you might have been running as root or as fahclient so fhen the files were initially created, they may belong to root or to fahclient. If those files were created by root, they you'll have to either recreate them belonging to fahclient. Otherwise you'll have to keep using root. If special permission is now required to access the OpenCL device, you'll have to help figure out what to do about that.
bruce

Postby tchiers » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:05 am

I'm running as fahclient, not root. I did have to add fahclient to the video group manually.
tchiers

Postby bruce » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:21 pm

As explained in the signatur block of my prefous post, I need you to post segments of the log file from /var/lib/fahclient
bruce

Postby urliyis » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:23 pm

bruce wrote:Unfortunately, "BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)" doesn't really indicate the cause. The first thing to check for is whether the GPU is producing accurate calculations -- i.e.- not overclocked/overheated, etc. though there are a lot of other possibilities.
Discord Adobe Reader iTunes
In the case of project:11728 run:0 clone:661 gen:189, after your FAULTY result was uploaded, it was reassigned and successfully completed by someone else, so the WU, itself really isn't faulty. The other two have probably been reassigned, but they have not yet been returned.

What does FAHBench tell you?

I'm trying to get a new machine up and folding. CPU slot is working fine. Can't get the GPU slot going. This is a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 install with an RX570 and AMD 18.30 Drivers.
urliyis

Postby bollix47 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 pm

@urliyis Have you tried installing the opencl dev files?
Code: Select all
sudo apt install ocl-icd-opencl-dev

Once installed restart the computer and try folding again.
bollix47

Previous

Return to GPU Projects and FahCores