problem with my 7970

If you think it might be a driver problem, see viewforum.php?f=79

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

commissar0617

Re: problem with my 7970

Post by commissar0617 »

happened again. this time, I uninstalled completely, and put the data directory in my D:/ drive.
and you guys need to refresh your knowledge about the admin prompt. it prompts me for UAC BEFORE I choose any options.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Yep, just like the install guide says. You are familiar with that document?

Prompting for the Admin password is NOT the same as logging on as Administrator.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
commissar0617

Post by commissar0617 »

7im wrote:Yep, just like the install guide says. You are familiar with that document?

Prompting for the Admin password is NOT the same as logging on as Administrator.
I didn't bother to read it. seems to be working OK now. I think something just got corrupted.
commissar0617

Post by commissar0617 »

well, i still have a problem. it won't load the folding program upon boot, or the settings.xml upon program start. I have to re-enter my ident and passcode every time I start it.
it might be a bug, but it keeps opening a program called "hideconsole.exe" for the folding program... seems a little odd to me.
I checked config.xml, and it checks out OK, so the problem has to be with either my system or the program itself.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

It is supposed to be opening that program, that takes the running FAHClient process and keeps it in the background. It would not be used if the client could be run as a Windows service, but due to changes in Windows security beginning with Vista GPU folding can not be run from a service.

As this is not a problem other installers have run into, I would suggest you follow previous suggestions in this thread and completely uninstall the client and its data. Then reinstall following the directions from the Windows Install Guide.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
commissar0617

Post by commissar0617 »

Joe_H wrote:It is supposed to be opening that program, that takes the running FAHClient process and keeps it in the background. It would not be used if the client could be run as a Windows service, but due to changes in Windows security beginning with Vista GPU folding can not be run from a service.

As this is not a problem other installers have run into, I would suggest you follow previous suggestions in this thread and completely uninstall the client and its data. Then reinstall following the directions from the Windows Install Guide.
i think the problem with the config was that I had it set to run as admin in compatibility, and FaH wasn't liking it. all of the sudden, after disabling that, it manually starts fine.....
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

That's why we recommend following the install guide. Admin privileges and compatibility mode are unnecessary for fah to run correctly.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.