Project unspecified

If you think it might be a driver problem, see viewforum.php?f=79

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Scraig

Project unspecified

Post by Scraig »

for many projects, no description is displayed via the web control. If you select the project via https://apps.foldingathome.org/psummary, you only get the message "Project unspecified".
This is especially the case for those GPU-OPENMM-22 projects that are managed by voelz, totowfr and joseph.
Like many other donors, I want to know for which project I am running my PC for hours and days. Like many others, I would now like to support research against Sars-Cov-2. In the meantime and at a later time I also like to support FAH in other projects, but the fight against the Sars-Cov-2 virus now has absolute priority.
Hence my request to the managers mentioned to add a description to their projects.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Project unspecified

Post by Joe_H »

These are all new projects, they are working on adding descriptions as they go along. There are open requests to have them added.

The names on the server status page are the persons who manage the actual server. Project descriptions are put up by the researcher running the projects, often a different person. With the project number in hand, we as moderators know who to contact about this.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Scraig

Re: Project unspecified

Post by Scraig »

Thanks for your answer. I am aware, that the researchers have a lot to do and we all, who support them with our PCs, hope that there will be a success soon.