GTX260M

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though NVidia has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

BlueOval

Re: GTX260M

Post by BlueOval »

Alas, no basement and to compound problems, am considering building a Beowulf cluster. But I got a new L-desk for Xmas, I just have to put it together. :\
bruce

Post by bruce »

There's nothing wrong with building the cluster, but you do realize that FAH doesn't support clusters.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

bruce wrote:There's nothing wrong with building the cluster, but you do realize that FAH doesn't support clusters.
Right, but you can put the F@h client on each node and they'll all work independently.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
BlueOval

Post by BlueOval »

Jesse_V wrote:Right, but you can put the F@h client on each node and they'll all work independently.
=D ;Op
BlueOval

Post by BlueOval »

Besides which I've sourced parts at Newegg for the build and all told it comes to right about 1300 bucks. Less than my Intel build. So for less than a new gaming desktop I can have 4 cpus and 4 video cards all folding in one box. =)