latest working nvidia driver

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though NVidia has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

NathanH

Re: latest working nvidia driver

Post by NathanH »

so you're saying this notebook video driver is the trick? the 'm' version driver is going to work on my pc? i'll give it a shot, if i can get up and folding again.
art_l_j_PlanetAMD64

Post by art_l_j_PlanetAMD64 »

NathanH wrote:so you're saying this notebook video driver is the trick? the 'm' version driver is going to work on my pc? i'll give it a shot, if i can get up and folding again.
Welcome to the forum, Nathan.

I'm not sure what you mean by "this notebook video driver is the trick. the 'm' version driver is going to work on my pc?". Which numerical driver version do you mean? I would suggest that you try v306.97 first.

Keep on folding,
Art
art_l_j_PlanetAMD64
Over 1.04 Billion Total Points
Over 185,000 Work Units
Over 3,800,000 PPD
Overall rank (if points are combined) 20 of 1721690
In memory of my Mother May 12th 1923 - February 10th 2012
P5-133XL
Hardware configuration: Machine #1:

Intel Q9450; 2x2GB=8GB Ram; Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Motherboard; PC Power and Cooling Q750 PS; 2x GTX 460; Windows Server 2008 X64 (SP1).

Machine #2:

Intel Q6600; 2x2GB=4GB Ram; Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Motherboard; PC Power and Cooling Q750 PS; 2x GTX 460 video card; Windows 7 X64.

Machine 3:

Dell Dimension 8400, 3.2GHz P4 4x512GB Ram, Video card GTX 460, Windows 7 X32

I am currently folding just on the 5x GTX 460's for aprox. 70K PPD

Post by P5-133XL »

NathanH wrote:so you're saying this notebook video driver is the trick? the 'm' version driver is going to work on my pc? i'll give it a shot, if i can get up and folding again.
I have no idea how you came to that conclusion nor can I see how anyone would be able to answer any of your questions from what was said in this thread. Since this is the only post you made in this thread, no one knows anything about your notebook hardware or problems further no post here was addressing you specifically.

If you have a specific issue, perhaps starting a new thread about it would be good idea.
NathanH

Post by NathanH »

wow that was fast, sorry i am not forum friendly.. the 306.97 is a mobile gpu driver. it wouldn't even install. any other ideas? ...here are more details about my issue. after a loooong hiatus i want to fold again. i was really impressed by the v7 client, no messing around. install, done. it found both of my gpu's, by name, and immediately tried to fold on them. awesome! but i am getting the GPU_MEMTEST_ERROR. on both gpu's. and after digging around on this site for a while, (including the thread on 'gpu_memtest_error', so no need to link over there..) i thought i'd try different drivers. as you all seem to be against keeping updated with the latest driver .. i would gladly sacrifice newer code if it allows me to game as well as fold. both of my gpu's are on the whitelist and i have tried different delete , reinstall , update... combo's with little to no luck. one of the cards appeared to be folding last night, temps, gpu load, fan speed.. all up. but no results, 0%. what other drivers, for pc's, have people been getting results with? i have a GTX 560 ti and an 8600 gts. i was using the latest driver 310.90, reverted to .70 with no luck. and as i said the 306.97 wouldn't even install after unpacking. thanks.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

Nathan, please copy the System Info and Config sections of your log as described here and paste them here in a post using the Code tags.
bruce

Post by bruce »

bollix47 wrote:Nathan, please copy the System Info and Config sections of your log as described here and paste them here in a post using the Code tags.
NOTE: There were two topics discussing Nathan's issues. I'm moving his response to this question to a new topic here since it's apparently not directly related to the "latest working nvidia driver" topic.