GeForce GT220 showing "Unknown" Credit and PPD

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though NVidia has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Paddon

GeForce GT220 showing "Unknown" Credit and PPD

Post by Paddon »

Hey all! Just joined F@H, and noticed something strange with my computer.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ (dual core), 4 GB RAM, on XP sp2, putting out between 600 and 750 ppd. (if that matters)

I also have a GeForce GT220 with 2GB and the latest drivers, but the stats for it show "Unknown" Base Credit, Estimated Credit, and Estimated PPD. I've got a good TPF of 2:17 or so, but in the log it also doesn't show the number of steps (The output looks like: 01:37:51:WU01:FS00:0x11:Completed 43% )

Isn't it supposed to show those for GPU's?
bruce

Re: GeForce GT220 showing "Unknown" Credit and PPD

Post by bruce »

Welcome to Foldingforum.org, Paddon.

There are several versions of client software and several versions of Server software. When V6 was popular, the client did not report credits or PPDs. These features were added in V7, but to provide that information, the server code had to be upgraded to deliver the numbers when the WU is downloaded. A few servers are still operating with and old version of the server code which does not provice the numbers that the v7 client needs to display the numbers you want. Eventually the servers will all be upgraded, but it's a little bit like some of my PCs that are still running WinXP or Vista. Somebody is thinking that as long as they still work for their primary purpose, why upgrade?

Don't worry about it too much. The WU will still earn the expected number of points when it's returned. If you consider it really important, some 3rd party monitoring programs can provide that information (including HFM).