GTX 780 will not fold

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though NVidia has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: GTX 780 will not fold

Postby ChristianVirtual » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:09 am

bollix47 wrote:On Ubuntu 13.04 I'm using nvidia-319 from xorg-edgers and my GTX 780 appears to be working well.

That did the trick ... I tried several times to reinstall 12.04 and 13.04 with driver from nvidia or standard repo. Funny, the card get even identified as Titan. :eo
Finally I tried your suggestion with the alternative repo and it worked directly. Actually with that one I even will try again VMware and ESXi passthrough; I got similar messages there. Thanks for the tip ! :D
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
ChristianVirtual

Postby johnblommers » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:18 am

The patch has not been applied to the Linux version. The user has to manually place GPUs.txt into the fahclient's home folder. Even doing that is not helping because in a few seconds the Queue for the GPU reports

FahCore returned: BAD_WORK UNIT (114 = 0x72)

Always something.

- John
johnblommers

Postby PantherX » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:07 am

Welcome to the F@H Forum johnblommers,

Can you please post the initial section of the log file so that we can see what the system configuration is and what F@H Settings are being used?
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Chrome Folding App (Beta) Ӂ Troubleshooting "Bad WUs" Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Problems with NVidia drivers