Page just keeps refreshing.

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though NVidia has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Jimmy

Page just keeps refreshing.

Post by Jimmy »

I am using a system that is 8 core 4.0 gig processor and has a Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti.. I have the latest driver version 22.21.13.8233. I used to be on Folding@Home a few years ago with a different system. I now have this new system and downloaded F@H last night and it started working fine. Had to reboot today and when F@H restarted I went to the Web option and all it does is make the page keep refreshing.I am using the F@H web control I am not able to click on anything on the page and have to go to task manager to shut it down. Now if I run it through Google Chrome it is fine. Have not had any problems with any of the games I play do not know where the problem lies Is there anyone that has suffered this problem. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same thing.
bruce

Re: Page just keeps refreshing.

Post by bruce »

I'm guessing that you're running Windows 10. The version number looks like you must be running the drivers supplied by Microsoft. (The version number 22.21.13.8233 is the way Microsoft describes them. Microsoft fails to install all the required features. You should download them from nvidia.com. (The number will look something like 384.76)

When you install the latest drivers from nvidia.com and accept the defaults (or at least do not un-check the OpenCL feature) you'll get ones that work either for Video or for Folding.

FYI, note that 38476 is a later version than 2221138233 (ignore the decimals).
Jimmy

Re: Page just keeps refreshing.

Post by Jimmy »

Thank you Bruce I will get the 384.76 and install it. Thank you very much for the reply.