Failed to get assignment - GTX 770

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though NVidia has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Blofeld

Failed to get assignment - GTX 770

Post by Blofeld »

I am getting “ Failed to get assignment” using a GTX 770 Gpu and an i7 2600k cpu. Pc is on the same network as another pc that gets assignments normally.

Are these specs too old?

What am I doing wrong?
JimboPalmer

Re: Failed to get assignment - GTX 770

Post by JimboPalmer »

Welcome to Folding@Home!
Blofeld wrote:Are these specs too old?

What am I doing wrong?
No, a GTX 770 is a Kepler. Plenty new enough to Fold. It has Double Precision math, which is a necessity: FP32 (float) performance 3.333 TFLOPS FP64 (double) performance 138.9 GFLOPS (1:24) and supports OpenCL 1.2, which is a requirement.

Now the next question is tricky, it is entirely possible that the servers are just having trouble keeping up with a flood of new clients. Or you configuration could be wrong. The first two hundred lines of your log lists your OS, your CPU model, your GPU model, which driver you are using, what options you have configured, etc. So lets point you to how you post your log:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26036
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
Blofeld

Post by Blofeld »

Thanks, too bad it just doesn’t work. I’ll use boinc/rosetta instead.
muziqaz
Hardware configuration: 7950x3D, 5950x, 5800x3D, 3900x
7900xtx, Radeon 7, 5700xt, 6900xt, RX 550 640SP

Post by muziqaz »

Failed to get assignment does not mean your GPU does not work. At the moment we are experiencing unprecedented influx of new folders, so servers are under extreme load. People are working to set up additional servers as we speak.
Thank you for your contribution :)
FAH Beta tester