Two GPU's not working

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though NVidia has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

EZ8000

Two GPU's not working

Post by EZ8000 »

Hello, so ive been trying to get two gpu's in my system so that i can fold with them both. These cards being a RTX 2060 and a GTX550ti. Obviously i want the 2060 as my main card but whenever i install drivers for one card the other doesn't work and spits out loads of errors both in windows and in f@H. After trying lots of different things im starting to assume that this isnt going to work anymore presumably as there is no driver that supports them both that i can find.

Currently the two errors that i have are error 43 in windows device manager (assuming because of a driver issue) and these errors in F@H:

OpenCL GPU not found for 'opencl-index' = 1 with vendor ID = 0x10de, please correct this by removing the manually configured 'opencl-index' option.
CUDA device not found for 'cuda-index' = 1, please correct this by removing the manually configured 'cuda-index' option.

If anyone can help me get this to work that would be great,
Thanks
JimboPalmer

Re: Two GPU's not working

Post by JimboPalmer »

The GTX 550 ti is too old to fold.
When I look to see if a card can fold I look for OpenCL 1.2 and Double Precision floating point math.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/g ... 50-ti.c274

The GTX 550 ti does not support OpenCL 1.2

If it simplifys your rig to just remove the card, great.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
EZ8000

Post by EZ8000 »

JimboPalmer wrote:The GTX 550 ti is too old to fold.
When I look to see if a card can fold I look for OpenCL 1.2 and Double Precision floating point math.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/g ... 50-ti.c274

The GTX 550 ti does not support OpenCL 1.2

If it simplifys your rig to just remove the card, great.

Oh right, probably should have checked that before spending ages trying it... :(

Sorry for the stupid question, thanks for the help :D
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Look at it this way, if you had a hard question, I would be inadequate to help. So I get to help by cherry picking easy questions.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

The GTX 550 Ti is in the list of supported GPUs since is does support double precision computation.

I think the problem here is that this old GPU requires legacy drivers, which are a different package than the one used for 2060. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of trying to run this ancient and rather low end GPU ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Ive had similar issues when I put two GPUs in the same system and nV supports them in different driver packages.