installed new HD7750 and now FAH shows GPUs 0

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

freddiemercu

installed new HD7750 and now FAH shows GPUs 0

Post by freddiemercu »

Hello,

last night I swapped a 5450 for a 7750 video card in my PC that is running Windows 7 x64 Pro.
I've updated the AMD drivers to 12.4 and Windows is working properly.

When I try and configured a GPU slots on FAH 7.1.52 it shows GPUs 0

I've removed the AMD 5450 from device manager, but FAH still doesn't see the 7750.

Any help would be appreciated.
bruce

Re: installed new HD7750 and now FAH shows GPUs 0

Post by bruce »

Welcome ot foldingforum.org, freddiemercu

Every new GPU must be approved. This is also known as "whitelisting" and is discussed here: viewforum.php?f=83

In the case of GPUs which are quite similar to other approved GPUs, it's a fairly rapid process. In cases here a new generation of GPU is introduced, new code must be written to support the new features, and that takes quite a bit of time and effort. Sometimes the new hardware can emulate an earlier version sufficiently to work in a limited emulation mode until that code is written and tested . . . sometimes not.
freddiemercu

Post by freddiemercu »

I can see other HD 7750 R575 GPUs on the whitelist that I've downloaded so I know the GPU is supported

I've added 0x1002:0x683f:::Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI:R575A [AMD Radeon HD7700 Series] to the GPUs.txt in c:\program files\FAHClient but my GPU is still not detected
freddiemercu

Post by freddiemercu »

xcopy GPUs.txt to c:\users\xxxx\appdata\roaming\fahclient and now it works