Multiple GPU Setup

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

lothar863

Multiple GPU Setup

Post by lothar863 »

I have 2 GPU's in my system.

One is and older 4870 used for secondary monitors

One is a newer 7770 used for primary displays

I am having issues setting these up to fold
the 4870 is found and the status is ready on the slot but on the work que it sits at download

The 7770 is not detected. I have tried manually adding the slots and disabling the 4870 but it still does not see the 7770 at all.

I am using the GPUs.txt from here:

https://fah-web.stanford.edu/file-relea ... c/GPUs.txt

in the program data folder.

Here is the client control;

If anyone knows how to get this folding that would be great and I could get alot more work done for the program.
bruce

Re: Multiple GPU Setup

Post by bruce »

Welcome to foldingforum.org, lothar863.

A year ago, FAH announced that the HD4xxx and earlier ATI GPUs would be deprecated. No new projects are being developed for it and it has taken until now to finish most of the projects for that platform. ATI and Stanford have put all of their GPU development efforts into OpenCL. See the discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=21337

IMHO, the HD 7770 should be supported. Perhaps you have an unusual model which has not been whitelisted (see viewtopic.php?f=83&t=21205)
I see that 0x1002:0x9446:1:3:RV770 ATI FirePro V7770 (FireGL) is listed, so maybe there's a problem with the drivers.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Multiple GPU Setup

Post by 7im »

run "fahclient --lspci" from the fahclient folder and post the output here.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.