HP g62 a10EM switchable graphic problem

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Cikin1

HP g62 a10EM switchable graphic problem

Post by Cikin1 »

i have a HP g62 a10EM which come with a AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 it has a PowerXpress function , yesterday i installed a new system (win 7 home 32 bit) and installed all drivers from the HP site that i used before and the problem is that i cant seem to switch between a power saver GPU and a high performance gpu ( from a 4250 to 5470) i have never had nad problem , tried all drivers , updated bios sometimes an error 43 shows in device manager for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. hope we find a solution to this.also tried uninstalling the graphic cards completly from device manager and lettin windows find it and reinstallin the driver then , also got nothin
bruce

Re: HP g62 a10EM switchable graphic problem

Post by bruce »

Welcome to foldingforum.org, Cikin1.

If your drivers are not installing correctly, you might try a different driver version found on the AMD site rather than the ones you get from HP, but there simply may not be a solution to the problem yet. Switchable GPUs are complex systems and writing dependable drivers takes time. See the footnotes at the bottom of this page.