Sapphire HD7950 FAHViewer problem

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Mitrandir

Sapphire HD7950 FAHViewer problem

Post by Mitrandir »

Hello, everybody :)
I've just bought a new PC, and for first time I'm using and AMD/ATi videocard on a PC. I installed the last version of folding@home (control panel, client and viewer), I also have the latest driver from AMD for the card, but when I try to open FAHViewer my video driver crashes (or the entire PC froze - and there's a massage that my video driver has been recover)....With my old Nvidia this doesn't happened, so how can I solve the problem, It's a bit frustrating. There is no problem in the current task - for now there are two running (one on the GPU - It's on 7% so far, the other with the SMP - 0%)

Thank's in advanced
bruce

Re: Sapphire HD7950 FAHViewer problem

Post by bruce »

You're the first to report a problem here on the forum but you're also possibly the first person to try one. Lets see if anyone else has any comments.
art_l_j_PlanetAMD64

Re: Sapphire HD7950 FAHViewer problem

Post by art_l_j_PlanetAMD64 »

I have heard that the newest ATI/AMD video driver does not work for FAH, you have to run a specific older driver for FAH to work with ATI/AMD GPUs. There is some discussion about it here.
art_l_j_PlanetAMD64
Over 1.04 Billion Total Points
Over 185,000 Work Units
Over 3,800,000 PPD
Overall rank (if points are combined) 20 of 1721690
In memory of my Mother May 12th 1923 - February 10th 2012