AMD drivers improvement and Linux !!

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

verlyol
Hardware configuration: system 1: AMD FX6300 on Ubuntu 17.04 LTS

AMD drivers improvement and Linux !!

Post by verlyol »

An announcement on the blog talking about an improvement in performance with 14.4 drivers.

https://folding.stanford.edu/home/new-a ... rformance/

A link is also placed for Linux drivers

Is this mean that AMD GPUs are now supported under linux?
Last edited by verlyol on Thu May 08, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

I dedicate my participation to my grandmother died in 1992 because of Parkinson's disease
and to my friend Benoit died of leukemia February 18 2012 ...he was 40 years old.
bollix47

Re: AMD drivers improvement and Linux !!

Post by bollix47 »

verlyol wrote:an announcement on the blog talking about an improvement in performance with 14.4 drivers

https://folding.stanford.edu/home/new-a ... rformance/

A link is also set for Linux drivers.

Is this mean that AMD GPUs are now supported under Linux?
Linux does support AMD GPUs but folding on them is not supported at this time ... some programming, setup and testing work will be required before folding on them is fully supported using core 17 on Linux. As with anything new PG does not give us an expected implementation date but the mention of the performance improvements with the newer drivers in the blog probably means it is on their agenda.
DarkFoss
Hardware configuration: AMD 5800X3D Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi II bios 5003 G-Skill TridentZ Neo 3600mhz Asrock Tachi RX 7900XTX Corsair rm850x psu Asus PG32UQXR EK Elite 360 D-rgb aio Win 11pro/Kubuntu 22.04.4 LTS UPS BX1500G

Re: AMD drivers improvement and Linux !!

Post by DarkFoss »

I'll take this as a positive sign. I've been wanting to fold on my 7970's under Linux for quite some time now. :)