Catalyst 14.9 - flaky power saver mode - won't fold on Idle

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Catalyst 14.9 - flaky power saver mode - won't fold on Idle

Post by 7im »

Don't have a lot of info yet, but have seen several standby and power saver problem posts in other forums.

Anyway, after installing this 14.9 driver, my monitors will not go in to power saver mode, so folding on the GPU never starts. I use the fold while idle option to avoid the lag problem with my mid range R7 240.

Which is better than others have reported. A lot of systems will power down in saver mode, but won't come out of it. System has to be rebooted.

IMO, roll back to 14.7 if you have problems. Caveat Folder.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.