AMD Radeon Ry250X (Dual-Folding)

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

oBlazin

AMD Radeon Ry250X (Dual-Folding)

Post by oBlazin »

I recently started folding, and was using 1 GPU, but remembered I had an old AMD GPU laying around, and so I plugged it in to my PC to fold more. The program recognizes the GPU, but in the Web Control, slowly changes from running, to idle, back and forth, and doesn't seem to be making any progress. The CPU and the Nvidia card are folding just fine, but it seems the AMD GPU is stuck. I've installed the most recent drivers and all. What should I do?

Edit: I added the second GPU from advanced control and added the slot with all base settings except for changing the GPU ID to 1
JimboPalmer

Re: AMD Radeon Ry250X (Dual-Folding)

Post by JimboPalmer »

If it was me, I would un-install the folding software, and re-install it.

Some settings are only configured automatically upon install. (More advanced help could advise you on manual settings, but I can't)

So far as I know, the latest betasoftware is https://folding.stanford.edu/beta/

(If you post the configuration portion of your log, more help can be given. We do not know either video card, your OS, or innumerable other details)
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
oBlazin

Re: AMD Radeon Ry250X (Dual-Folding)

Post by oBlazin »

JimboPalmer wrote:If it was me, I would un-install the folding software, and re-install it.

Some settings are only configured automatically upon install. (More advanced help could advise you on manual settings, but I can't)

So far as I know, the latest betasoftware is https://folding.stanford.edu/beta/

(If you post the configuration portion of your log, more help can be given. We do not know either video card, your OS, or innumerable other details)
Uninstalled & Reinstalled from the provided link and now all is well! Thanks :)