please help WX 7100

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

scerbera

please help WX 7100

Post by scerbera »

Hi,

I have a pc, i7 8700k, with a WX7100 gpu, it is in the whitelist but I cant get it to be recognised, the fah client doesn't register it at all, I have a dual boot system at the moment as just upgraded to win 10 from win 7. on win 7 with 2018 drivers I can run the BOINC client and get a gpu task. I can just this evening get the gpu to run!!

on the win 10 boot, the BOINC client runs a gpu task but immediately returns a computation error. on fah, the gpu isn't recognised, would love to be using the gpu for covid tasks on the win 10 system, can anyone help? the drivers are now latest from AMD for this gpu
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: please help WX 7100

Post by toTOW »

Posting FAH's log:
How to provide enough info to get helpful support.

I guess your OpenCL installation is kind of broken ... which drivers did you use from this page : https://www.amd.com/fr/support/professi ... ro-wx-7100 ?

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
scerbera

Post by scerbera »

The radeon Pro enterprise driver. I installed win 10, fresh clean disk, ran update, then gpu driver install.

I would have posted a log but I thought I'd try the win 7 boot one more time and after adding the gpu slot it worked. So I didn't then reboot in win 10 for a log.

I can do that tomorrow but the driver install should be good unless something else needed?
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

AMD often make you install OpenCL as well as the graphics driver, but the log would show that.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
scerbera

Post by scerbera »

so, since I last posted, it just decided to work, I have no idea how, previously system info showed no gpu connected. How ever, my disk errored and after spending all day messing around I eventually managed to get into the win 7 disk, but couldn't get permission to access the ssd win 10 disk. I had an image of disk so I restored and booted into win 10. Installed FAH and great the gpu was there, set a WU to go but it would error immediately! Absolutely no difference in system to when it worked. So I decided to install the intel sdk open cl package, and once that was done I could run the gpu without error. None of it makes any sense to me!