Problem sending the results

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ngy_tms

Problem sending the results

Post by ngy_tms »

Hi,

I have an RX 480 and I was folding for longer time with it receiving many points.
In the last 3 days, when it tried to send the results, I get "server didn't like the results: DUMPED"
as error message. I see from the logs, that it is continuously trying to send the results, but
it can't.

Where should I search for the problem? Does the RX480 calculating improperly, doing mistakes?

I also have a Geforce 1660 Ti in another computer, but it simply didn't do anything yet.
I also tried to install Studio Driver instead of the Game Ready driver, but nothing happened.

Tamas
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Re: Problem sending the results

Post by foldy »

That looks like your RX 480 could have some calculation errors and this is why server dumps the result. The corona work units using FahCore_22 are more demanding on hardware than older FahCore_21. So maybe your RX 480 is overclocked and gets overloaded now or needs some power limit e.g. using MSI Afterburner on Windows.

Geforce 1660 Ti maybe is not recognized for OpenCL computation. Try downloading the driver manually from nvidia and reinstall it. Then reinstall FAH.