Vega VII not folding

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

LyntonB

Vega VII not folding

Post by LyntonB »

Good day, I'm trying to join vs. Corona fight and my Ryzen CPU is folding fine however GPU folding via AMD Radeon VII (7) will not initiate. Drivers are latest Adrenaline 20.2.2
Web control and advanced control app/client both say "Paused:waiting for idle" despite me having turned idle off and trying to force 'Fold' via the button. Like I said the CPU is happily folding and responding to the commands...
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Re: Vega VII not folding

Post by foldy »

Did you push the slider to full folding power?
LyntonB

Post by LyntonB »

Thanks @foldy I have done but nothing kicking off yet. Some interesting info I've had back from Usman at wccftech a few days back: My (NVIDIA) GPU isn't folding right now as well - only the CPU is. Looks like they have run out of GPU-accelerated tasks xD Stanford opens on Monday. Its likely GPUs will remain idle throughout the weekend now. They were probably not expecting the increase in computing power on the GPU side.
And again today some more: They are out of GPU accelerated WUs. So that is normal. A large supercomputing cluster recently joined the mesh and they are out of work units xD Keep the client active and someone should eventually start allocating WUs again.
let's hope Vega/Navi are able to pick up the jobs with Adrenaline 20.2.2 when they do sort out the work unit problem(!)
bruce

Post by bruce »

Open FAHControl. What does the status screen say? Do you have the correct slots and are they shown as IDLE or RUNNING or READY?
LyntonB

Post by LyntonB »

status 'online' ip address etc. The CPU slots/queue processes work units however the GPU slots show as paused. I think they're awaiting the work units as described in my post above (Stanford haven't made available yet)