do RX 570 4 GB work?

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

mwroggenbuck

Re: do RX 570 4 GB work?

Post by mwroggenbuck »

For what it is worth, I looked up the error codes

The exception code 0xc0000409 indicates a stack buffer overflow. Batch alignment problems usually occur when the return variable of a method does not match the return value of the parent method. Normally, a function is executed correctly and fails when the return occurs. This is easy to see when a method takes a long time to execute, but not so easy to observe when a method is fast. You can perform a quick test by adding 10 seconds of sleep to the method and see if the exception occurs in 10 seconds.

0xc0000374
It is an internal error, typically involving heap corruption. There is not enough information on the thread to suggest a solution. The best bet at this point is to get a memory dump of the process when it exits and have it reviewed. You could also attach a debugger and try troubleshooting.

I found these on various web pages so we know that they have to be correct :-)

In any event, it seems to be some sort of memory corruption error. I also suspect it has to do with recovery from checkpoint for an AMD GPU.
mwroggenbuck

Post by mwroggenbuck »

Update: As I said in another thread, my problem appears to have been caused by my anti-virus locking a file that FAH wanted to rename. I have not had any issues since removing the anti-virus.
bruce

Post by bruce »

The Ellesmere family of GPUs has some known driver vs. OpenCL bugs. I doubt that you've fixed them by underclocking.