gpu windows 10 problem ?

Post requests to add new GPUs to the official whitelist here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

rikki-warner

gpu windows 10 problem ?

Post by rikki-warner »

i got two pc im setting up for folding at home on is a 1800x with a rx480 and one with a 1500x and a gtx 1050 none of them are showing gpu in foldering at home but are showing in systeam info tab have ddu and reinstalled driver with no luck
bruce

Re: gpu windows 10 problem ?

Post by bruce »

The client is supposed to download a file called GPUs.txt on it's first contact with the internet. A bug in FAHClient v7.6.9 causes it to skip this step. It may be downloaded later or you can download it manually. The Windows client often configures a setting GPU=FALSE which must be removed. (The Linux client is different and I'm not sure about OS_X.) After completing those two steps, restarting the client should take care of it.
ajm

Post by ajm »

Windows 10 is probably not the problem, but there is an issue with GPU slots when using version 7.6.9 of the client software. It can usually be solved this way:
PantherX wrote:Manually download the GPUs.txt file from here: https://apps.foldingathome.org/GPUs.txt (right-click save as GPUs.txt)
Exit the client
Copy the GPUs.txt file from the Downloads folder to %AppData%\FAHClient
Reboot your system
Start up the client and ensure that you can see your GPU in the log file
Add a GPU slot from FAHControl -> Configure -> Slots tab -> Add -> GPU -> OK -> Save
If that doesn't help please post your log: viewtopic.php?p=327412&f=24#p327412
rikki-warner

Post by rikki-warner »

it working now thank my fault had to add the gpu lol