Two 85xx crashes UNSTABLE_MACHINE

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Re: Two 85xx crashes UNSTABLE_MACHINE

Postby PantherX » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:31 pm

OvenMaster wrote:...If I weren't getting daytime ambient room temps of 32-35°c I'd be able to see if there's much difference. So for now, I'm restricted to nighttime only...

My daytime temperatures vary from 30C to 50C. My room temperature varies from 25C to 33C, depending on the time of day and if the AC is on or off. I fold 24/7 on my overclocked CPU and GPUs. I do this by ensuring that there is air circulation, monthly cleaning out the entire system and leaving the sides off the case. My GPUs rarely exceeds 77C (I have a custom fan profile by using MSI Afterburner) and my CPU is cooled using the Corsair H80 LCS and it hasn't exceeded 80C.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Chrome Folding App (Beta) Ӂ Troubleshooting "Bad WUs" Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX

Postby BlackSun59 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:21 am

Well, 10 days later, I did have another 85xx WU and there were no problems even when Eraser was doing its thing in the background, and I've had no problems since. I'll chalk my problems up to the bad configuration rather than bad WUs, so I will consider this solved.

Thanks, all. :)
BlackSun59

Postby BlackSun59 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Happened again this afternoon with an 8704 and Eraser taking care of unused space on the hard drive. So it would appear that it's too risky to have F@H running 8xxx WUs while doing regular maintenance like I can other WUs.
BlackSun59

Postby bruce » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Does eraser allow you to exclude certain directories from its activities? I'd certainly try telling it to stay away from %APPDATA%\FAHClient and it's sub-directories.
bruce
Site Admin

Postby BlackSun59 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:18 am

bruce wrote:Does eraser allow you to exclude certain directories from its activities? I'd certainly try telling it to stay away from %APPDATA%\FAHClient and it's sub-directories.

I've installed the very latest v7.3.6 client to see if that will make a difference, so I'll try that first.
The only Eraser setting that comes even close to your suggestion is a Settings box to uncheck saying "Force locked files to be unlocked for erasure". Normally, it will erase all free drive space except that which is taken up by System Volume Information or any Windows OS files in use.
BlackSun59

Previous

Return to V7.2.x -- Windows/Linux Release & OSX Beta