Installation and user guides can be found here:
FAHControl -> The Graphical User Interface (GUI) what controls the Slots.
FAHViewer -> It shows the protein being folded, if applicable.
Pictorial Installation Guide (Windows) -> A detailed pictorial guide on the V7 installation.
Installation Guide (Windows) -> A brief guide on Windows installation.
Installation Guide (Linux) -> A guide for Linux installation.
Installation Guide (OSX) -> A guide for OSX installation that is in progress.
Client Remote Interface -> Documentation for 3rd party developers.
Main Page -> Main page of the V7.
Aside from the documentation the best place to get help is in this forum. If you do have a problem post a message. There are many knowledgeable people ready and willing to help. Keep in mind, we greatly appreciate thorough reports delivered by patient people who can keep a cool head even when things go wrong.
Open Tickets Ordered by Milestone and Priority
Active Tickets by Change Time
Note: Some tickets may be closed because they are fixed in an upcoming internal release but are not yet fixed in the beta release.
- Simplified FB link.
- Added Twitter and email links to Web Control header.
- Pointed Google +1 link to http://folding.stanford.edu/
- (Un)hide passkey on mouse over.
- Fix logic error in previous fix for #965.
- Fix Web Control in IE8.
- Switched Twitter accounts.
- Don't show RECONFIGURING when slot is turning off.
- Fix CSS caching problem.
- Added warning for unsupported browsers.
- Removed throbber.
- Added new -gpu-vendor core option for upcoming Zeta core.
- Install but don't enable screensaver by default.
- Upgraded Web Control to jQuery 1.9.0 and jQuery-UI 1.10.0.
- Added option 'open-web-control'.
- Folding@home shortcut starts FAHClient and opens Web Control in Windows.
- Fixed: Finish-pause-finish does not finish the WU. #961
- pause-on-start is now means set folding power to off at startup.
- Remove old FAHContorl desktop link from v7.2.9.
- Added uninstall reason reporting.
- Use away mode notification instead of user input for idle in Windows.
- Faster remote updates.
- Added 'idle' option for individual slots.
- Trigger save on folding power change.
- Fix folding power reset problem on options save.
- Fixed OK/Cancel buttons off bottom of screen at some resolutions. #904
- Don't show selected client status in add client dialog.
- Added folding power slider.
- Removed client Fold/Pause/Finish/View buttons, use slot popup menu.
- The links for project, WS & CS can extend to the edge of the window. #977
- Changed Quit to Exit.
- Added --exit command line option.
- Don't start FAHClient.
Screensaver & Power Management
The screensaver is now installed but not enabled by default in the Windows installer. It will also no longer attempt to start FAHClient as this is expected to always be running.
I've also switched from using time since last user input to using the system power setting notifications in Windows. This should solve the problem of Idle F@H slots becoming active while you are watching a movie. Now Idle slots should only become active when the screen blanks. In Windows at least.
In OSX the power management queries were consuming a lot of CPU. This has been reduced.
I've made a number of fixes to Web Control. It should now work on IE8 and will warn if you open it in an unsupported browser. The Facebook widget was not working well so I changed this to a simple share link. See the change log for more details.
FAHControl now has its own folding power slider bar. I've removed the Fold/Pause/Finish/View buttons from the main toolbar. These can still be accessed, per slot, through the popup menu by right clicking on a folding slot. The conflicts between pause and folding power should now be resolved as well.
Another thing you might notice is that the interface updates much more quickly when you first load or switch between clients, at least when connected to v7.3.3 FAHClients. I fixed a piece of code that was supposed to be making updates faster but was actually slowing them down.
Windows Installer Changes
Aside from not enabling the screensaver by default, as mentioned above, the installer now creates a "Folding@home" shortcut which both starts FAHClient, if it's not already running, and opens Web Control. This ensures that FAHClient is started before Web Control.
The installer will also try to shutdown any running FAHControl in addition to shutting down FAHClient. Although it can only shutdown v7.3.3+ FAHControl.
In addition, I've added a drop down box in the uninstaller which asks you to tell us your reason for uninstalling. If you leave it to the default then nothing will be reported. Otherwise it will contact a server at Stanford to record your selection. We hope to use this to better understand why people might leave F@H unhappily and then focus our attention on addressing the most common reasons.
I'm hoping this beta will put us much closer to the next public release. We are in a feature freeze until a public release. If there are any outstanding issues which are serious and aren't already problems in the current public release please let us know.
Thanks again for all your input. Although I don't always comment on every issue, I do generally read everything posted to the release threads. Your comments have prompted most of the changes from v7.3.2 to v7.3.3.
Cauldron Development LLC
EDIT: We found some problems in v7.3.3 with the folding power not being saved when set from FAHControl and it getting reset to the default when you save the configuration. These have been fixed in v7.3.4.