WU points not credited.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Re: WU points not credited.

Postby 7im » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:38 pm

The GPU work units that support QRB are not out of beta yet, so no, you are unlikely to have gotten bonus points on your GPU client. However, it was noted in another thread these fahcore_17 WUs would soon be public so get your passkey installed now if you haven't already done so.

Check bonus points using the Project Summary page linked at top of page to check base points, then compare to the actual points credited to see if there are extra bonus points.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby ManiacJoe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:23 pm

JCM3500 wrote:Hi, Pande Folks:

I'm curious - how can I tell if I get QRB points? I process GPU tasks about 99%, CPU tasks about 1%. I have never thought to check into this before, but discussions in this thread intrigue me.

Thanks!

John

The way I figured it out was looking at the amount credited and comparing it to the two values listed in the Client Control: base credit and estimated credit. The estimated credit contains the bonus points. I use the OverClocking site for points tracking:
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com
ManiacJoe

Postby Jesse_V » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:25 am

JCM3500 wrote:Hi, Pande Folks:

I'm curious - how can I tell if I get QRB points? I process GPU tasks about 99%, CPU tasks about 1%. I have never thought to check into this before, but discussions in this thread intrigue me.

Hey John,

The easiest way to tell is to use the Stanford site or a third-party stat site to see if you're getting the PPD that the software estimates that you'll get. The client makes two assumptions when it calculates PPD: 1) processing will continue at the same speed all day, 2) you qualify for the QRB. If you meet the first assumption and your actual PPD doesn't match estimated, it may be because the second assumption isn't holding.

Btw, the forum is community driven. The Pande Group does come on here from time to time, but most of the help and discussions are from volunteers. :)
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to V7.3.6 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X