Linux: FAHScreensaver integration, improve idle detection

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Linux: FAHScreensaver integration, improve idle detection

Postby georgia_tech_swagger » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:08 am

Hello. I have fallen off the F@H wagon for some time, but was greatly pleased to discover V7 and native GPU support in Linux. However, I noticed Linux idle detection is very broken, and at least in Gentoo but probably most distros FAHScreensaver isn't integrated very well if at all. I created a short how to for full integration of FAHScreensaver in Linux, which comes with the tremendous bonus of completely fixing idle detection. This should work for anybody using KDE or standalone XScreenSaver in any distro. I welcome additions to this for other GUIs I simply do not run at all or do not run on modern F@H friendly hardware such as Gnome, Unity, XFCE, LXDE, etc. if they have their own screensaver management like KDE does.

How to add Folding@Home Screensaver (FAHScreensaver) to XScreenSaver (link intentionally broken since I have zero posts and the board prevented from posting it ... if a mod could edit I'd appreciate it) How to add Folding@Home Screensaver (FAHScreensaver) to XScreenSaver

Mod - Made URL into link
georgia_tech_swagger

Return to V7.3.6 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X