Optimizing Advanced Power Options

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Optimizing Advanced Power Options

Postby bmxjumperc » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:15 am

There's a newer power option introduced on Windows Vista and later used to optimize power consumption when streaming media or something I'm unfamiliar with it.
How will the power setting [allow the computer to enter away mode] effect folding at home?
I found a neat guide to setting up folding at home on maximumpc.com though the information did not include anything about the away mode.

I imagine this thread will be used to address any other power optimization questions also.
bmxjumperc

Re: Optimizing Advanced Power Options

Postby Ripshod » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 am

I can't imagine many of the tips in that article will be useful to v7 client users, It was started waaaaay back in 2004. However, some valid points on security.
1090T / HD5770 / HD7950
Ripshod

Re: Optimizing Advanced Power Options

Postby PantherX » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:25 am

The away mode can allow the GPU to start folding when configured to fold on idle, which is the default setting (http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/fa ... ion/#ntoc3). The same applies to the CPU Slot if you have configured it to fold only when idle.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Chrome Folding App (Beta) Ӂ Troubleshooting "Bad WUs" Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX
Site Moderator

Return to V7.3.6 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X