Install on Computer Lab?

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Install on Computer Lab?

Postby ccardelein » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Is there a way to install this on say 30 computers at once?
j/w
ccardelein

Re: Install on Computer Lab?

Postby Jesse_V » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:09 pm

AFAIK the easiest technique for this would be to install F@h on the master image and then when the sysadmin reimages all the machines F@h will be included as well. Other than that you'd have to do it manually yourself. To speed things up, you could copy the config file onto a flashdrive.
Pen tester at Cigital/Synopsys
Jesse_V

Postby PantherX » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Welcome to the F@H Forum ccardelein,

Please note that you would need (written) permission from the System owners before you can run F@H, as per the EULA.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Chrome Folding App (Beta) Ӂ Troubleshooting "Bad WUs" Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX
Site Moderator

Postby 7im » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Jesse_V wrote:AFAIK the easiest technique for this would be to install F@h on the master image and then when the sysadmin reimages all the machines F@h will be included as well. Other than that you'd have to do it manually yourself. To speed things up, you could copy the config file onto a flashdrive.

Install FAH on the image without a network connection. On startup, FAH tries to download a unique ID number, and then a new work unit. You don't want the same ID number on all the systems, or the same old work unit on all the systems after each new re-image. This works with the current client V7.

There was also a helpful tool called FoldingAtWork, to install the previous v6 client on multple systems across the network. Be sure to use v6.34 of the SMP/CPU fah client for this. http://fahwiki.net/index.php/FoldingAtWork Note, this one doesn't include GPU folding, CPU only. But you could addapt it to install a 2nd client for a GPU folding.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Return to V7.3.6 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X