No bonus points

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

No bonus points

Postby kookykrazee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 am

I am back after an extended time away. I first had life interfere with reality and then I had my previous folding system MB die and it took me some months, with school, work, internship, life, and of course money to build my new system. I did that in January and worked on stabilizing the OC to 4.4ghz and now have been folding for the past couple weeks.

I have completed 30 WU, to this point (give or take 1-2 as I haven't seen updated stats in a few days) but am still not getting bonus points. I have checked the k factors and all but I think 1 WU should have given bonus after the initial 10 completed units. Can someone tell me what is going on please?

Much appreciated, keep up the great work :)
kookykrazee

Re: No bonus points

Postby P5-133XL » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:05 am

Do you have a passkey (required)? With that passkey you need to complete 10 QRB producing WU's (not all WU's give out QRB) and maintain at least an 80% successful return rate.

It would be useful, to see a log, at the minimum, containing the system and config portions.

If you think that perhaps the issue is that you have not maintained the 80% success rate then you need to PM a moderator with your folding username and the passkey to verify that success rate.
P5-133XL

Postby kookykrazee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:19 am

Yes have completed all 30 with a passkey and all had bonuses from what I have read from reading the WU info for many I checked. What logs are you looking for? It has been awhile, so please forgive me if I don't recall the log files.

I am guessing by my overall stat history of 98% completed and all of the files showing as UL successfully, that I should be over the minimum 80%. How do I get in touch with a mod to have them check into this for me? Thanks for your help.
kookykrazee

Postby Joe_H » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:20 am

If you fold under the username that you have used to post here, there are 3 passkeys shown as connected to that username. Two are for just a few WU's and are not qualified. Those might be from either folding without a passkey or from one that was not entered correctly. The third shows several hundred WU's completed, but a less than 80% completion rate.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby P5-133XL » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:54 am

kookykrazee wrote:How do I get in touch with a mod to have them check into this for me? Thanks for your help.

Just click the PM button next to my name and I will gladly help by looking up the statistics for your folding username and passkey.
P5-133XL

Postby kookykrazee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Sent PM, strange, how come I didn't get a notification email that I had a new PM?
kookykrazee

Postby kookykrazee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:16 pm

I clicked on Joes PM without thinking. Not sure it matters which of you can help me. I know I keep saying thanks, but I do appreciate it :)
kookykrazee

Postby Joe_H » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:25 pm

PM sent
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby kookykrazee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Updated. I am now more perplexed than ever. I have done over 2200 WU since 2010 and it appears they are not showing my high rate of completion that I had previously. Also, I had the understanding that you had to have 10 WU completed at 80% to get the bonus and it sounds like, for some reason that the system is only showing about 10-15% of my total WU completed.
kookykrazee

Postby P5-133XL » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 pm

click refresh on the log. The client does not show all the log, just the most recent parts. Each time the client restarts, it starts a new log. It only keeps the most recent 16 old logs. Their location: is Start->All programs->FAHClient->Data Directory->logs.

The 80% rate requirement is forever, not just the first 10 WU's. If after the original 10 WU's your machine starts to have problems and you return a bunch of bad WU's then that will matter over time.

If the passkey used shows relatively few WU's and you thought you had done thousands then perhaps you miss-typed the passkey in the client recently.
P5-133XL

Postby Joe_H » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 pm

As I explained in a PM, the passkey status check only reports WU's that were entered into the database as being ones that could get the QRB and that were submitted with a passkey. The official stats do show nearly 2300 WU's in total as having been completed. So besides the several hundred in the passkey database, there are over 1500 that were submitted without a passkey or were not eligible for the QRB in the first place. That would include any GPU WU's before the release of Core_17 and any non-core A1-A15 WU's such as Core_78.
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby kookykrazee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:26 pm

So, do I understand that my options are do hundreds of WU under my old passkey or request a new one to do 10 under that since it appears that even though I got bonuses on this key before my system had to go on hiatus last year or maybe it was late the year before. I do not recall that many WU expiring. Do I understand that I would have to register a new email address to get a new passkey or can I request a brand new passkey with my same current email address? Also, do I have to change usernames or can that be kept with a new passkey? It seems that is the only feasible way to get the bonus quicker, am I right? I have done ~30 WU and as best I can tell, they were all successful?
kookykrazee

Postby Joe_H » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Yes, as mentioned you would need to do fairly large number of WU's successfully to re-qualify your current passkey. As for using a new email address, that is the easiest way to get a new passkey. Otherwise using the same username and email address should get you a copy of the same passkey as you already have.
Joe_H
Site Admin

Postby kookykrazee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 am

Can I use the same username with a new passkey or is that frowned upon?
kookykrazee

Postby PantherX » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:37 am

You can use the same Username with a different passkey. What is important is the WU completion rate of the Username/Passkey combination.

BTW, if you have a fairly modern system and would like to finish lots of WUs, you may consider using the Chrome Folding App (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=25878) as a last resort if you are unable to create a new email account.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Chrome Folding App (Beta) Ӂ Troubleshooting "Bad WUs" Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX
Site Moderator

Next

Return to V7.3.6 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X