Disabling Web Control

Moderators: Site Moderators, PandeGroup

Disabling Web Control

Postby Dustinlee » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Hello, I can't seem to disable the web control. I've gone to expert settings and set open-web-control to false, waited for it to save then exited the client and when I reopened it web control came back up. I've also tried deleting the option but that didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Dustinlee

Re: Disabling Web Control

Postby bollix47 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Welcome to the folding@home support forum Dustinlee.

Right-click on the Folding@home shortcut and select properties. In the Target line remove --open-web-control and click on Apply and OK.

There may also be a shortcut in your Windows Startup folder which would need the same change.
bollix47

Postby Dustinlee » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:51 am

I tried that but it just pops back up.
Dustinlee

Postby bollix47 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:20 am

Please supply the System Info and Config sections of your log as explained here so we can help with more detailed instructions.

Also, please tell us the steps you are using to start the folding client as there are a number of different ways.

For example, if you are clicking on the Start button and navigating to the Folding@home entry under FAHClient then you would have to make the same change to it's properties as explained above for shortcuts.

If you are running the client as a Windows service then there might be an entry in it's Start parameters box for --open-web-control that you would need to remove. To do that press the Windows key or click on the Start button and type services.msc in the Search programs box, right-click on the folding@home service, select Properties, remove --open-web-control from the Start parameters and click on Apply and OK.
bollix47

Postby 7im » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Quit the application from the system tray first. Then make the edits to the shortcuts. Then start fah again. Worked for me.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
7im

Postby Dustinlee » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:04 am

Sorry I didn't see where you said shortcut. I removed that line and now it works. Thank you!
Dustinlee

Return to V7.3.6 Public Release Windows/Linux/MacOS X