[tuto]7.3.6,mandriva 2010.2 i586,installation

FAH provides a V7 client installer for Debian / Mint / Ubuntu / RedHat / CentOS / Fedora. Installation on other distros may or may not be easy but if you can offer help to others, they would appreciate it.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

promeneur
Hardware configuration: openSUSE Tumbleweed, x86_64,Asrock B760M-HDV/M.2 D4, Intel Core i3-12100, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 730, NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030, Edup-Love EP-9651GS Wi-Fi Bluetooth, multicard reader USB 3.0 startech.com 35fcreadbu3, Epson XP 7100, Headset Bluetooth 3.0 Philips SHQ7300

[tuto]7.3.6,mandriva 2010.2 i586,installation

Post by promeneur »

1. use the MCC software manager to install the 3 fah packets thus you'll discovered what packets are not installed and required by fah with your mandriva installation.

i discovered for my installation that all packets was already installed except libxorg-x11 but it may be different with your installation

the names of the missing dependencies used by fah are different from the packet names used by mandriva
and containing the dependencies

here are the mandriva packet names for fahcontrol:
python
pygtk2.0

here are the mandriva packet names for fahviewer:
libbzip2.1
libglew1.5
libxorg-x11
mesa

here are the mandriva packet names for fahclient:
libbzip2.1
shadow-utils

2. install the 3 fah rpms

you must sure all missing dependencies are resolved by installing missing packets
then
you can ignore the error messages about missing dependencies
then
you can install the 3 fah packets.
then
in a text console as root you must type :

rpm -i --nodeps --force fahcontrol-7.3.6-1.noarch.rpm
rpm -i --nodeps --force fahviewer-7.3.6-1.i686.rpm
rpm -i --nodeps --force fahclient-7.3.6-1.i686.rpm

you will find fahcontrol and fahviewer as menu options in mandriva menu "sciences > biology"

3. launch fahcontrol

go to "configure" menu
then
go to "identity" tab
then fill the template
then
record the template
then
quit "configure"
then
check in "status" tab that the automatically created slots after a while are running
check in "log" tab all goes well

click on the "view" button to see the molecule processed by the current selected slot