Linux Debian F@H Terminal Client

FAH provides a V7 client installer for Debian / Mint / Ubuntu / RedHat / CentOS / Fedora. Installation on other distros may or may not be easy but if you can offer help to others, they would appreciate it.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Xalogen

Linux Debian F@H Terminal Client

Post by Xalogen »

Okay so I have it all set up and it runs perfectly but I wanted to know if there was a way like in the Windows client to be able to remotely connect the client to my main computer that I use to start and pause the F@H client from other computer nodes that I have around the house. I have already got my laptop connected as a client and I can control its client but I wanted to know as I've been trying to find a way to do it for my debian system here. It doesn't use a GUI and I run it headless so the remote access to the client on there would be helpful. Has anyone set something like that up yet or am I just going to have to monitor that one separately?
bollix47

Re: Linux Debian F@H Terminal Client

Post by bollix47 »

Welcome to the folding@home support forum Xalogen.

If your terminal client is on your same home network it's a matter of adding some IP addresses to it's config.xml file.

Look at your laptop's config.xml file in FAHClient's Data Directory.

You should see something like:

Code: Select all

<!-- HTTP Server -->
  <allow v='127.0.0.1,192.168.2.100-192.168.2.149'/>

<!-- Network -->
  <proxy v=':8080'/>

<!-- Remote Command Server -->
  <command-allow-no-pass v='127.0.0.1,192.168.2.100-192.168.2.149'/>
Your IPs will most likely be different.

Just add the same lines that your laptop uses to the config.xml on your new remote and restart FAHClient on the remote. You should now be able to add that computer to FAHControl on your monitoring computer.
Xalogen

Re: Linux Debian F@H Terminal Client

Post by Xalogen »

Thanks, that worked perfectly.