V7 & Opensuse

FAH provides a V7 client installer for Debian / Mint / Ubuntu / RedHat / CentOS / Fedora. Installation on other distros may or may not be easy but if you can offer help to others, they would appreciate it.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

drf99
Hardware configuration: Main System: Asus Prime PRIME Z270-A, Intel Core i7-7700K, Video eVga NVIDIA GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 3GB] vendor: driver: nvidia v: 460.91.03, OS: Linux Mint 20.1

V7 & Opensuse

Post by drf99 »

I'm becoming very frustrated at FAH v7. In a nutshell, FAHControl is a no show.
I'm followed the instructions in this link:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get- ... start.html
So there is a link to Python 2.6
FAHClient is running, but only a 50% CPU and to team anonymous - Yippee!!.
I can start FAHControl --configure in a root terminal, and it appears to accept a user name, Team, passkey etc, but FAH Viewer still reports that it is Anonymous Team 0. :(

Thanks,
Dave
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: V7 & Opensuse

Post by 7im »

I can't fix opensuse but you could edit the config file to set the power to full and put your user info in.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
bruce

Re: V7 & Opensuse

Post by bruce »

1) There might be more than one copy of config.xml on your system and you need to be updating the one being used by FAHClient.
2) Some changes to config.xml may require a stop/start of FAHClient to force it to read the file and incorporate the updated information into memory. If you use FAHControl to make updates, it's supposed to update both the file and the online information but there's a bug in that process with respect to remote connections and it's possible with respect to other changes. If you edit the file (not recommended), you WILL have to restart.