Setting up f@h on a Xeon Server running Ubuntu

FAH provides a V7 client installer for Debian / Mint / Ubuntu / RedHat / CentOS / Fedora. Installation on other distros may or may not be easy but if you can offer help to others, they would appreciate it.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Spud1200

Setting up f@h on a Xeon Server running Ubuntu

Post by Spud1200 »

I was curious if this could be done and if anyone has done it.

What would be involved and how would I go about the whole set up in regards to the installation of the client under a CLI set up and the configuration of the Client.

Can anyone help with regards to the set up even if its just an overview of what I'll be facing.

EDIT: Apologizes folks. I just found an on line guide and its excellent and very well written hear on the forums. A quick google search done the trick.

:oops: :roll:
Crazy-Logic

Re: Setting up f@h on a Xeon Server running Ubuntu

Post by Crazy-Logic »

yes - I have done this on my blade server. there is a guide online, https://folding.stanford.edu/home/guide ... ide/#ntoc8. but i went a different route and customised the .deb installer, then just 2 lines in the terminal and i can monitor remotely over network. http://www.crazy-logic.co.uk/archives/766
bruce

Post by bruce »

The FAHClient software contains a remote monitoring and control capability allowing you the same management capabilities over the network as it provides locally. (That presumes that you've completed a local installation on each client.)
Crazy-Logic

Post by Crazy-Logic »

bruce wrote: (That presumes that you've completed a local installation on each client.)

and enabled remote access for the client.